Whhich stroke am I on

I am replacing the cams on my 2000 426 and I have lost which stroke I'm on. I know I'm supposed to be at top dead center but how do I find out which top dead center I want to be at. The Honda has two slashes on the fly wheel and another slash on the clutch side once they are lined up then you set the cams. Does the 426 have any thing like that I have the slashes lined up on the flywheel and the straw is at its highest point but how do I know I'm not 180 degrees off.

it wont matter if your 180 off, once they are set it it will be at tdc. 180 off only matters in a car with a dist. type ignition system. so just line up the marks and put it together. dont forget to check your valve lash with the new cams.

Looks wrong, actually.

It's hard to tell for sure, because of the shadow that falls right over where the dot should be, but the intake looks like it might be right. The exhaust is too far advanced by one tooth, though.

At TDC, the dot by the "I" on the intake cam, and the dot by the "E" on the exhaust should line up with the gasket surface of the head. Your "E" doesn't.

Looks to me like there both off one tooth. The dots should be parallel to the top of the head.

It's tough, but you have to take into account the fact the the picture is taken from a slightly higher than ideal angle. Notice that cross checking the pin count between cams shows 14 pins between cams, which is one too many. But that means only one cam can be one tooth off, too.

The other thing that we all know if we've done this before is how easily the engine moves away from TDC when we're tugging on the cams. It may not have been dead on when the picture was taken.

Next Question where's the auto decomp? ...I mean its apart anyway

I want to get it running first I got it for a couple hundred because the guy couldn't get it started. I checked to valves first and the cams looked way off so I am trying to fix that first.