HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vfr661

Good deal? 02 WR426

11 posts in this topic

I found a two 02 WR426. Both are about 2-3 hours drive away. Both are bone stock with low hours and mileage.

The first one has new tires and list for $2200.

The second list for $2000.

Do you think these two are decent deals? What should I look for when I go and inspect the bike? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

vfr661 :crazy:

I bought the same bike several months ago for the same price after months of watching Craigslist. It's been the best $2200 I've spent. Although I'm saving up for a 2006 or newer WR450 to make street legal.

Its' not a screaming deal, but a good one. I own a 426. It's a great bike. Here in Denver they are selling between $1800-$2500.

check for leaks, smoke out the exhaust. Fork seals are pricey to haev replaced if you can't do it yourself. Watch for super clean bikes, they scare me. (Someone trying to cover up abuse) I'd rather see a bike with some dirt on it but sprokets and chain/tires are in good shape. Take some pics if them, maybe we can help you decide.

Hi, I bought an '02 WR426 a few weeks ago off craigslist for $1,650. It had a broken clutch lever and a scratched up front fender, but other than that, in good shape. It still has the original front tire, so not alot of miles. It starts the first kick. I thought that was a pretty screaming deal.

Its' not a screaming deal, but a good one. I own a 426. It's a great bike. Here in Denver they are selling between $1800-$2500.

I looked for a WR in Colorado Springs for about a year and finally picked up a 426 for $2100. I haven't seen one for $1800, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I saw one here in fresno on craigslist for $1,900 and it was STREET LEGAL!!! Try to find one that has a plate but about $2,000 is what Ive seen. I have a 01 wr426 and I love it

I picked up a 98 WR 400 last week in Phoenix off of craigslist for $1000.1 owner bike in great condition,didn't need another bike but seemed like to good of a deal to pass up!