paddle for 06 8 or 10-Sand Snake MX

nothing like dunes so i just got my first paddle tire Sand Snake MX 10 paddles.

the paddles seems smaller then other brands but i got a great deal.

should i go change it to the 8 or keep the 10.

ill be using it for deep hill climbs,cruising in the trails and some drag.

10 will hurt the engine? what about less power?

what you guys think ?

cheers.

1 of the dunes.

iv always ran 8 paddles been riding dunes for 15 years. on my 450 an 8 is perfect its all i will run, a 10 will make your bike work a little harder because its spinning 2 more paddles= more weight=more power to spin it. i would go with an 8 if you can thats just my opinion:ride:

Get a Kings Tire 8 paddle they have these cool notches in between the paddles that make it so you ass end wont wash out I love how they work

Get a Kings Tire 8 paddle they have these cool notches in between the paddles that make it so you ass end wont wash out I love how they work

is that the one that has the fins inbetween each paddle, i personally never ran one but my uncle did and he didnt like it because he says he couldnt carve as well as the regular sand pro,he switched back to a sand pro after about 7 months, i use sand pros, has any one used that razor back tire for the front im curious to try one?

i ran a 10 paddle for the first time last season at glamis. it is pretty sweet, and it shreds hill climbs. the only thing i didnt like is that it wanted to lug more in the slower stuff keeping me in 1st and 2nd gear alot. i didnt notice any power issues, it was really great except for the low speed stuff.

is that the one that has the fins inbetween each paddle, i personally never ran one but my uncle did and he didnt like it because he says he couldnt carve as well as the regular sand pro,he switched back to a sand pro after about 7 months, i use sand pros, has any one used that razor back tire for the front im curious to try one?

No, not fins it has like 1/4"x1/4" ridges that are 4 or so inches long on both sides of the tire. You can still carve no prob but it is more controlled the bike won't slip out anymore its pretty damn cool I think!

No, not fins it has like 1/4"x1/4" ridges that are 4 or so inches long on both sides of the tire. You can still carve no prob but it is more controlled the bike won't slip out anymore its pretty damn cool I think!

oh ok, i know which one your talking about, i might give that one a try when i need a new paddle

the only tire they sale around here is the sand snake, they cant even order the kings tire.

8-10?

scops are alot smaller compare to the kings tire.

sandsnakemx.jpg

kingstire.gif

the only tire they sale around here is the sand snake, they cant even order the kings tire.

8-10?

scops are alot smaller compare to the kings tire.

sandsnakemx.jpg

kingstire.gif

i use the sand snake and sand pro both hold up great get an 8 paddle:thumbsup:

damn

i read all threads about paddles in all the tt forums and its seems preety close.

:crazy:

oh ok, i know which one your talking about, i might give that one a try when i need a new paddle

Ya it is pretty sweet hooks up pretty darn good for sand you can just blow by the tools on quads!:crazy:

Does Kings make a 10 paddle? If so where can i get one?

Does Kings make a 10 paddle? If so where can i get one?

I am pretty sure they dont but the paddles on it are the size of Texas they dig deep. I am willing to bet their paddles are at least 50% taller than most other brands that I know of so you are getting more surface area.

With mine I can do 4th gear wheelis no prob if that helps.

I run the Kings 8 paddle on my CRF 450r. I like it the best.

I run it at 8lbs in the sand.

I have run a 10 paddle on my CR500 and no one wants to ride behind me!

I tore up my 8 paddle and this was all I could find where I was at. 8 paddles is enough.

If the paddles are shallow as you show in the picture, I suppose 10 would be fine. All of the Skat Trak and King paddles I have run have deep paddles.

kingpaddletire.jpg

got the 8 paddle ams.

damn paddles, toke me over an hour to mount it and then its not even close to be on right. wow that is 1 stiff tire.

biggest problem is the rim holder, tire dosnt seat right all uneven.

guess ill go to the shop and pay 30 bucks.

:eek::crazy:

Yep...that is why I have a 2nd rear wheel. :crazy:

got the 8 paddle ams.

damn paddles, toke me over an hour to mount it and then its not even close to be on right. wow that is 1 stiff tire.

biggest problem is the rim holder, tire dosnt seat right all uneven.

guess ill go to the shop and pay 30 bucks.

:eek::crazy:

i measured my ams sand snake and my sand pro, the sand snake is smaller thats why its a b*tch to get on i thought it was just me until i pulled out the tape measure.

yep the shop machine did it in 5 min :crazy:

i use the sand snake and sand pro both hold up great get an 8 paddle:thumbsup:

first ride on 8 and i got more then enough grip. :thumbsup:

10 whould be to much for a stock 450 unless you try to kill it.