What oil do you use?

I have an 08 yz450 and I have been using Castrol Acteva XTRA-4T SAE 10w 40.

Has anyone tried the Lucas oil brands?

Spectro 10w 40 full synthetic. No particular reason though. . .it is just what is at my local shop.

Mobil 1 Racing T4 full synthetic!!

What about Yamalube?

I run yamalube 10w40 in my 08yz450f, and our raptor80, 250, and wolverine 350, have had no problems so far, changing oil every 5hrs on 450.

Amsoil mcv

What about Yamalube?

:crazy:

That bad huh Gray? Well, you see there is always learning on TT. What is the biggest downer on the Yamalube?

First choice Motul 300v 10-40w

2.amsoil 10-40w

3.mobil 1 T4 10-40w

What about Maxima 50/50 Blend?

That bad huh Gray? Well, you see there is always learning on TT. What is the biggest downer on the Yamalube?
Poor shear stability. It doesn't maintain its viscosity very well when used in a transmission.

I've never tried Lucas oil. I'm stuck on Shell Rotella 15W-40.... its cheap, available everywhere, and I've never had an oil related failure. :crazy:

What's the difference between MCF and MCV???

I use Amsoil MCV

10-40 cool weather

20-50 warm weather

DSC04374small.jpg

Amen on the Rotella. Buy 5 gallon pale, pour 4 gallons into the diesel and Moto with the other gallon!

hmm another oil thread, yea buddy.....:eek:

I use left over Whale Blubber oil.......best stuff ever !:lol:

ok, another vote for Amsoil - :crazy:

Hey, at least I threw in a picture! hahaha

So, what's the difference between MCF and MCV???

MCV is 20w-50. MCF is the same oil in 10w-40.

I was told by mechanic that it doesnt matter what oil you use as long as you religiously change every 3K (in a car). He says better oils just allow you to fudge that time longer.

Is this true of 4 stroke oils? If I change every 5 hours without fail, do you really think the brand matters?