2003 WR450f Overheating

Hello,

I was referred here by the people at south bay riders. I am having trouble with my bike getting hot. I just purchased a pusher fan (4"), and am hoping that will help, It hasnt overheated yet but I am wondering if stopping at a traffic light will provoke this problem. Already running engine ice, and I am told that it doesnt have a thermostat. Anyone have any ideas on keeping the bike cool?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I was referred here by the people at south bay riders. I am having trouble with my bike getting hot. I just purchased a pusher fan (4"), and am hoping that will help, It hasnt overheated yet but I am wondering if stopping at a traffic light will provoke this problem. Already running engine ice, and I am told that it doesnt have a thermostat. Anyone have any ideas on keeping the bike cool?

Thanks,

Dave

- is your jetting stock?

- is your pipe stock?

- what does 'having trouble' mean

The fan will sort it out, I have fitted a 4" Spall fan to my RHS rad, and I ride in city traffic, Manila and allmy heating problems are now solved

everything is bone stock, I am meeting with my mechanic wednesday night to check the jetting

The fan will sort it out, I have fitted a 4" Spall fan to my RHS rad, and I ride in city traffic, Manila and allmy heating problems are now solved

was the fan you got a pusher or puller?

It is a puller mounted on the rear of the rad, pulling the air through so it also works when the bike is moving, have a look at the install pictures I posted a while ago.