Running weird.

Background:

Ive made a few threads about this bike. Ive got the carb dialed in, I have a slight back fire on decel no bog or hesitation though. I went riding saturday, rode some trails and hit the track for the first time. After a half day of riding the thing died out. It acted like it was running out of gas, I checked the tank breather, and the normal things. I rode it today around a field by my house, once it gets hot it dies when you give it gas, it will idle and die if you give it any gas above idle.

I think it might be the valves, I have adjusted them and they were in spec before the last ride, its an 03 so I have a feeling it might need some head work, I did how ever look at the head and the valves appeared okay from pics I have seen on the site.

Jetting is.

50 pilot

165 main.

4th clip on needle and 0-3000ft elevation im in ohio.

Any things I should try to check out, I will check the valves after it cools down. But im looking for some suggestions on what could be going on.

Sounds like it is electrical - in order of probability:

Crank position sensor

Coil

CDI

Im not seeing the crank position sensor in the book.

The valves checked out good, and the coil I dont think my ohm meter has the correct value to check the secondary coil resistance. The primary checks out okay, I cant get continuity on the first one at all. And the CPS I cant find. I will tear into the carb again to double check that.

Sounds like it is electrical - in order of probability:

Crank position sensor

Coil

CDI

+1

YOU HAVE TO TEST THE PARTS WHEN COLD, AND THEN AGAIN WHEN HOT to locate the problem.

I swapped coils with my buddy from his YFZ. Figured the problem out its the coil, secondary coil resistance is the same hot/cold on both of them. I still wasnt able to get a reading for the primary resistance (damn meter).

Thanks