WR450... in a van?!

Guys-

I'm looking into buying a van, big or small, with a purpose of being able to weekend in it. I have a small boat that I will trailer with it some of the time, and so am wanting to carry my WR inside the van if possible...

I'm measuring my WR to be about 52 inches tall at the handlebars, and the rear door of vans to be around 50-51 inches...

I think it'll work, but was thinking I'd poke around here...

So, lemme see your pics, and hear any tricks you do.

The alternative would be a hitch-mounted motorcycle carrier that I can then attach my ball carrier to and connect the boat. Don't worry, it's not too much weight: the boat and trailer are only 500 lbs...

Chevy Express works great

Most of the guys I know use vans. Though I've never tried to fit my WR in one, I can't see it being too much of a difference. Worst case, roll the bars down a bit, but it doubles as a hotel room :crazy:.

Mercedes Vito - Vw Transporter

Vito

Mercedes_vito_2_v_sst.jpg

Transporter

pic-colour.jpg

try the Trucks, Trailers, RV's & Toy Haulers forum. Lots of advice and pictures there of guys using vans of all sizes to transport their bikes.

A easy trick to reduce height is to take a tie down between the front axel and bars and compress the forks a couple of inches. No problem with the springs for short trips. Did that for my WR in my Dodge van lots of times.