spy photo 2010 yzf 450

changing a plug is going to be real fun now

Interesting how the shock rezzi is mounted sideways, its like they stole it off an ATV or something...? Looks truly revolutionary!

Honda 400EX shock:

39e7_1.JPG

if the crankshaft spins backwards to the direction of travel the feeling of the bike into the corner and turning is alot lighter that if it was spinning forwards , the benifit to have the crank spinning the other way is that it's the spinning part that has the most moving weight/mass , all moto g.p bikes now run this setup . its just alot easyer to do it on a mot gp bike when you have air operared valves rether than chain driven ....
That wasn't my question, and your understanding of the theory involved is somewhat flawed. The means by which the valves operate has nothing to do with it, either. If it did, which way would the crank on a V8 have to rotate? And what about a head with the intake and exhaust on the same side?

The head can be positioned with the intake on either the front or the back, or for that matter either side (although driving the cams would be a bit awkward) completely irrespective of the crank rotation.

That looks bad A. I wonder why there going to 4 valves? Are they still gonna have 2 cams?

in the pic the valve cover has spots for two cams.

i think honda still has rights over the uni cam design

i think honda still has rights over the uni cam design

Seriously? Haven't single cams been around since the invention of internal combustion engines?

i think honda still has rights over the uni cam design

They can keep it. The Unicam mandates the use of rocker arms on at least one set of valves. Rocker arms accelerate valve guide wear, and there's no way around it.
Seriously? Haven't single cams been around since the invention of internal combustion engines?

the rocker arm design is what honda has, i believe. not the single cam alone.

two cam style bikes the valve last alot longer not sure if that is honda parts or to blame on the uni cam design.

I wonder if the under-ass exhaust will heat up the seat at all :crazy:

It will heat the shock though...

the rocker arm design is what honda has, i believe. not the single cam alone.

Honda's Unicam patent is on the design that places the cam directly over one set of valves, and opens those with bucket tappets, while opening the other set with rocker arms. This is as opposed to the much older SOHC design like that in older KTMs and innumerable Hondas which uses rocker followers on all the valves.

I Believe the Aprilia RXV/SXV/MXV 450 & 550 V-Twins use the same SOHC design as Honda with the cam actuating the intake valves and rockers for the exhaust side.

The UNI cam was created by Valve companies to sell alot of aftermarket valves. I can't wait to see this bike for real. It seems yamaha is not one to push out products that had the kinks worked out. Maybe thats why the 09 450s did see much changes?

Do any of you guys think that this might be a ploy by Yamaha or a hoax by some computer nerd just screw with us?

With how Yamaha is keeping the bike secret until September I really doubt it. They've never seemed to be this secretive about a bike so its probably going to have some huge changes like the ones shown.

The CAD pictures were way too convincing to be a hoax. I would say there's about 85% chance they are the 2010 YZ450F and 15% that they are early designs for a later model.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss252/taylorstevens48/IMG_0328.jpg

Rumors fly around bike has been tested Rinaldi MXGP team in Italy.

David Philiparts was 2s faster a lap Std 2010 whit factory supension on than his factory race bike 2009. New bike is so fast in corners because weight balance on new engine. Ofcourse this all is rumor but no smoke whitout fire.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss252/taylorstevens48/IMG_0328.jpg

Rumors fly around bike has been tested Rinaldi MXGP team in Italy.

David Philiparts was 2s faster a lap Std 2010 whit factory supension on than his factory race bike 2009. New bike is so fast in corners because weight balance on new engine. Ofcourse this all is rumor but no smoke whitout fire.

That picture has been posted a number of times, including in at least one national magazine. It is one of the most obviously fake, sloppy doctored pictures I can remember seeing.
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss252/taylorstevens48/IMG_0328.jpg

Rumors fly around bike has been tested Rinaldi MXGP team in Italy.

David Philiparts was 2s faster a lap Std 2010 whit factory supension on than his factory race bike 2009. New bike is so fast in corners because weight balance on new engine. Ofcourse this all is rumor but no smoke whitout fire.

you cant be serious......

Check out how similar the CAD drawings look especially the counter shaft sprocket cover, front fender and fork guards compared with the 2010 250f released today. This must really be the 10 450!

10MS_YZ250F_blu_S2_4451c4ba.jpg

yz450fsneak2.jpg

Can one of you computer magicians photoshop some sleeker looking shrouds on that 250, so we have hope someone will make them? PLEASE! I like the bike but the shrouds bite.

In the CAD drawing the Yamaha insignia on the fork guard also matches the plastic imprinted insignia.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.