sputter !!

i am having a 1/4-1/2 throttle sputter. after that it's fine. any suggestions? 160 main 48 pilot. snorkle removed baffle removed. sea level.

I get that after I wash it if the filter gets wet. May be water in the airbox? Otherwise drain your tank and put in fresh high test. Since it is between 1/4 and 1/2 throttle only I doubt it is a spark plug or ignition problem. I doubt your carburator is gummed up anywhere but if the above dont work take apart and clean your carb. :)

Yo Thumper. Had the same issue with my WR450. I first richened up the pilot by adjusting, of course, the pilot adjustment screw. But still I had too lean a condition with the 48 pilot, even at 5K ft. I had the dealer go to the next higher pilot jet, 50 I think, they adjusted the fuel screw, and bada bing - no sputter. At your altitude just richening up the 48 circuit should work.

Clean the accel. pump. Mine did same until I cleaned it, problem gone!

I will keep that in mind Oasis_Flame. I have yet to get the carb dirty but I have heard that even the smallest insignificant particle can give you funky carburation.

Raise (richen) or lower (lean) the needle 1 clip position and see what happens. 1/4-1/2 throttle response is mainly controlled by the needle. If what you mean by sputter is what I think you mean, I'll bet you need to lean it a clip.