The last word on triple clamps for '06-up scoots?

OK, i have seen numerous threads on how much the YZ's love to walk out of tight turns , stand up in turns , etc. and frankly thought many of you were whiners (no offense) -- it also crossed my mind that this might not even be a prob. at novice class speeds ----

until yesterday on a silty, rutted up course with a few descending radius turns that i felt i had to sit on the gas cap to make the thing behave --- then i knew twas true ---- my '08 does not like ruts !

The further up i sit the better it behaves holding a line, but at the expense of the rear end skipping around and chattering in the chop.

I'm going to try the Windham bend bars first before dropping big coin on a set of clamps -----

but is there a pretty common gold standard established now for degrees of rake to "fix" this? I know there have been threads on this in the past, but they usually degenerate into "This brand is the best because it is what i use" exercises in futility

I have seen PC clamps on the L&M bikes -- but who knows what the numbers really are on a pro bike -- half of those guys are freaks

The further up i sit the better it behaves holding a line, but at the expense of the rear end skipping around and chattering in the chop.

I'm going to try the Windham bend bars first before dropping big coin on a set of clamps -----

but is there a pretty common gold standard established now for degrees of rake to "fix" this?

Cure the skipping problem by having the shock revalved. The rebound is too loose, and the damping curve is just wrong. Dave Johnson helped me with mine, and it's been one of the best things I ever did to it.

There will always be an argument as to what offset to use. The fastest people I know that have changed their clamps use 24mm. But it does NOT change the rake, which is the steering head angle. Changing the clamp offset changes trail.

Raising or lowering either end of the bike will change the head angle, but nothing you bolt onto the bike will do that (unless it raises or lowers one end). The steeper (more vertical) the head, the better it will steer, but it will also be more prone to digging/self turning when you stick the wheel in something deep. So, pulling the fork tubes up, or decreasing the sag to around 95 will help it corner better.

Thanks Gray ---- the shock has been re-valved and re-sprung by one of the local suspension gurus, (im a heavier than average rider) so i will call him on Tuesday and let him know what its doing. The rear end issue seems independent of the front end issue though, but i could be wrong (although it is a definite side effect of sitting up so far to get the thing to turn)

The sag is already at 95, but i havent messed with fork tube height any --

Definitely cheaper to start with the free tuning stuff before dropping half a paycheck on more new parts, thx 4 the reminder

I purchased the Rekluse E Axle and tried it at the track today; at 1mm back it felt 'glued' to the dirt, I may even back it off to .5mm. It does seem to help. There is definitely a sweet spot on the '06 YZ, but you have to fiddle with it based upon your individual weight and riding skill. I have all my settings on sag, forks, etc. similar to what Gray had stated.

Dave Johnson helped me with mine, and it's been one of the best things I ever did to it.

+1 on Dave Johnson....i''ve got 3 hours on my 08 since i got the suspension back from him.....i can't believe how much better it feels. Handles like a dream!!!!!

I have the Offset RG3's on a 06 YZ450F with suspension done for me and whatnot.. never have any problems.. thing handles like a dream... love the bike.. just a thought, talk to other people who have put the offset clamps on ? maybe an option...