HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lennie

How to quieten a YZF450 exhaust.

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2005 YZF450 like the one in the pic shown below, what methods have people used to make them quieter? I have a FMF Q pipe but the build quality is complete rubbish. It constantly blows the baffles out and just generally is badly made, poor quality everything!!!!!!!!

What have people done to the stock pipe to reduce the noise?

What are DB dawg's like on these pipes?

Any other mods, I have a workshop so can do some fairly extreme mods to it if they get good results.

Cheers, Lennie. :crazy:

DSC00182.jpg

Both Dubach Racing Development and Pro Billet Moto make replacement end caps for the stock exhaust that allow the use of either a "quiet core" insert, or a spark arrestor. Otherwise, you might try finding a US model exhuast from an '08/'09. They cut mid-range power, though, and so that makes them fairly easy to find for sale, but also not so desirable.

Both Dubach Racing Development and Pro Billet Moto make replacement end caps for the stock exhaust that allow the use of either a "quiet core" insert.

Sounds interesting, what sort of db's do the exhaust produce with these?

Low 90's. Contact the manufacturers for the details.

I should note that they are more restrictive than the Q4.