HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sconeracing

1st post to the yf450forum

12 posts in this topic

You can actually do the yellow plastics if you just can't let it go that easy. The '06 stuff for the 50th Anniversary model bolts right up.

If you're setting up for off road, you'll want a skid plate. Devols are pretty good (I have two), and fairly cheap. Scorpion make that has a little better side case coverage. Then there's Lightspeed.

A Scotts damper isn't as necessary as it would have been on your RM, but they are very hard to do without once you've run them for a while.

Hey Scone, not much is needed on the Yami's. You already got rid of the POS sprocket eating stock chain so you are good there. Yamaha has the carbs dialed in pretty good now so you should be okay there also...I have been running the stock jetting and needle position all the way around...just need to go up on the pilot jet when winter rolls around.

how fast is a YZ? I might get one if they are really fast.

1 person likes this

Oh, you definitely want to re-route your breather tube! Take a look at mine next time we ride.

how fast is a YZ? I might get one if they are really fast.

No they are pretty slow. Stick with your Katoom.:crazy:

No they are pretty slow. Stick with your Katoom.:crazy:

OK THEN I AM BUYING AN RM! I HEAR THEY ARE FAST. MY KTM IS ONLY A 250 AND I NEED A FAST 450 4-STROKE

OK THEN I AM BUYING AN RM! I HEAR THEY ARE FAST. MY KTM IS ONLY A 250 AND I NEED A FAST 450 4-STROKE

Are you kidding me?:crazy: from reading your post's It seems like you are a 13 year old kid....and stop YELLING!

Are you kidding me?:crazy: from reading your post's It seems like you are a 13 year old kid....and stop YELLING!

I was gonna say the same thing. No way that guys 32...:eek: