HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jams229

Losing Gas When Bike is on Side

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2007 WR450. Just curious, has anyone rerouted the gas line so gas doesn't spew out while the bike is horizontal. (I spend quite a bit of time on my side... especially when bull dogging down a cliff, or, resting after a get-off.)

Thanks.

Carb floats don't work when the carb is turned sideways, since the needle valve isn't closed it's going to keep allowing gas to flow into the bowl and out of the overflow.

If you're going to be bull-dogging down a cliff with the bike off, turn the gas off before you go - same if you like to lay your bike on its side when you're resting.

Carb floats don't work when the carb is turned sideways, since the needle valve isn't closed it's going to keep allowing gas to flow into the bowl and out of the overflow.

If you're going to be bull-dogging down a cliff with the bike off, turn the gas off before you go - same if you like to lay your bike on its side when you're resting.

TRUE DAT:thumbsup:

Thanks - that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I was not missing something. I used the word "resting" liberally. Basically means after I crash I don't always bounce right back up...:crazy: