Value of a mint condition 2005 YZ450F

I have been thinking about a 450 for a while now. Today I heard about a 2005 YZ450F that belongs to a friend of a friend.

It's in mint condition and has only 4 hours on it. My friend also said it has a ton of extras, not sure what all those are though.

What would something like this be worth? He is asking more than I would expect for a 4, almost 5 year old race bike.

I have a 2005 YZ250F, and I'm particularly interested in this one has I'm thinking a lot of my stuff (hand guards, seat, skid plate, and a few other odds and ends) would swap right over.

It is worth no more than $2800, IMO.

I paid $3200 for my '06, stock with two rides on it, 18 months ago, and the '06 is far and away a better bike than an '05. Sucks for him, but don't screw yourself because he's your friend. Fact is you should be able to get a nice '06 for less than $3K.

I would shy away from a bike that only has "5" hours on it. It seems to me, that keeping a bike running constantly, and doing routine maintenance to it, it better than having it sit. 2800 is about the upper limit. I wish I had waited until the economy took a dump. You can get them alot cheaper.

It is worth no more than $2800, IMO.

I paid $3200 for my '06, stock with two rides on it, 18 months ago, and the '06 is far and away a better bike than an '05. Sucks for him, but don't screw yourself because he's your friend. Fact is you should be able to get a nice '06 for less than $3K.

Thanks, that is about what I was thinking. Average of KBB retail and KBB trade in for this area is about $2500, so $2800 with extras seems reasonable.

I won't say what he's asking but it is way more than either of those. :crazy: I don't know the guy (he's a friend of a good friend but never met him) so I'm not too worried about hurt feelings.

I would shy away from a bike that only has "5" hours on it. It seems to me, that keeping a bike running constantly, and doing routine maintenance to it, it better than having it sit. 2800 is about the upper limit. I wish I had waited until the economy took a dump. You can get them alot cheaper.

Yeah that is usually my rule, unless the bike is in really good condition. I would definitely inspect anything quite throughly. I bought my YZ250F and it had basically sat for a year and half, had been ridden twice. But everytime I've been into something I've been amazed at the condition things were in.

Personaly i wouldn;t get a 05 yzf, Speed the very lil extra and get a 06 . Theres tones of 06's out there for around 2500.

I might just go completely off the reservation and get a YZ250. found a few good ones used.

Not sure of your intended use, but I believe the 05 is a 4 speed whereas the 06 and newer are 5 speeds and are much more versitle for off road use, not to mention suspension and brake upgrades. Wasn't the 06 YZ motor/crank rebalanced to be super smooth also?

Yes, the 06 and up 450 is the bike to get. Speed sensitive forks, super smooth motor, etc. The 05 just cannot compete with that, even with "5" hours on it...

My buddie has me selling his 10 hour limited 06 460 for 2900

or best and he hasnt even got a call

i sold my 05 crf450 to my dad i liked the bike had my suspension done an bars just some little things, now im a proud owner of an 06 yz450, i think ill be blue for now on :crazy:

Redbull whats the perks from the honda vs yamaha?I truly bleed blue,I was thinking crossing over one day just to see what the rant and rave is about the Honda.Give details about perks on both bikes bad and good.

Redbull whats the perks from the honda vs yamaha?I truly bleed blue,I was thinking crossing over one day just to see what the rant and rave is about the Honda.Give details about perks on both bikes bad and good.

iv only ridden my yami once to ocotillo wells but im goin to thte track this weeknd on it, this info is what i noticed at the desert. To me the yami feels alot smoother , i had my suspension done on my honda it was nice i liked it until i rode my yami, and i like the yami stock suspension alot better it just feels plusher not rigid or stiff. power wise i feel that my honda has more low end power but id rather have good handling over a little more low end power,i personally like the yami more because of 1. i think suspension is better to me , 2. smoother power doesnt hit hard, to me, 3. i like how the bike fits me, i feel more comfortable on it than my honda.. the only thing iv done is put taller bars on it and took the new tires off my honda lol, but i think ill get to really tell the differance when i get to the track with both bikes and ride them back to back. after the track day i will post on here again and let you guys know how it goes.

Sweet,I would highly recommend a pipe and send your carb to Zip-ty racing for a mod"cheap".Your yz will be set and will haul some mail!!!!!!!!!!!Also my yz has a strong bottom and pulls to the moon.

Sweet,I would highly recommend a pipe and send your carb to Zip-ty racing for a mod"cheap".Your yz will be set and will haul some mail!!!!!!!!!!!Also my yz has a strong bottom and pulls to the moon.

thanks, iv been looking at the mrd systems, but i wana get my suspension set for my weight first, i weigh 225 and im 6'4, but for now i like the bike how it is then when i put some cash away, ill have suspension by jake do this bike, ill be going to cahuilla creek this sunday to try it out:banana:

couldnt wait to ride my bike so i went to the track today:banana:

I cant believe how much better i felt on the track on this yami. now lets get to what i liked about this bike, the suspension is great just a little to soft for me, i love the power its smooth, and i can just rings this bikes neck compared to my crf, i fell like i can do twice as many laps on the yami than my crf. My crf has more low end power but i think a system will fix that,i just felt like a whole new rider on my yami , that may sound weird but thats how i feel about it. all in all im really glad im on the yami now, the only thing i noticed that i didnt care for were the brakes, my front brake felt like nothing was there rear was fine, only thing i miss from my honda is the brakes but thats about its. has anyone else felt there front brake is weak?

Yz450-1, crf450-0

i sold my 05 crf450 to my dad i liked the bike had my suspension done an bars just some little things, now im a proud owner of an 06 yz450, i think ill be blue for now on :crazy:

Blue is the way to go my friend!

Blue is the way to go my friend!

yes, indeed it is:banana: :crazy: