HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ewd199

YZ426F Must be quieter!

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I just bought a 02 YZ426F and it has a D&D Titanium exhaust on it that is primarily made for performance and it is way to loud! I live around a lot of people so I need the bike to be as quiet as possible. Please provide any type of exhaust that will due the best job. Thanks

i just put a fmf ti-powercore on my 04 450 and with the spark arrester in it, it sounds equal to stock, and they make quiet inserts for it,

or they make the q4 with baffles and stuff to make a quiet exhaust

Look into the FMF Q series (also, the FMF power bomb header drops the noise about 1 dB). The Q series are quiet up to a point, but the 426's (along with all big bore 4 strokes) are just loud.

Welcome to TT! :crazy:

Hi, I just bought a 02 YZ426F and it has a D&D Titanium exhaust on it that is primarily made for performance and it is way to loud! I live around a lot of people so I need the bike to be as quiet as possible. Please provide any type of exhaust that will due the best job. Thanks

a fmf q will work well or mod up a stock WR muffler will be even quiter , were maryland are u at ?

Okay thanks, but is this a whole system or does it slip on to the pipe I have now? If it does just slip on, will itt fit on the one I have now? Are all the pipe sizes standard?

Does the D&D endcap have bolts so it can be removed? Reason I ask is you could possibly make a quiet insert that might help lower noise levels before spending a lot on a new system. I made one that seems to work OK, but I have a Dr.D SA endcap that is designed to fit a quiet insert, I just made a cone shaped tube that resembles the Dr.D quiet insert pictured below.

drdqc.gif

No it does not have bolts on the end to be removed, but it can be seperated from the pipe by an o-ring.

I just got caught by the cops the other day because of the 426's loudness, I was in the middle of no where surrounded by hundreds of trees and some jerk still could here me and called the cops, I got a freaking sitation! People have told me its the loudest bike they have ever heard, now that I finaly got caught, I need to get serious about this exhaust. Would I be able to pack the exhaust I have now because its just empty? And when change the exhaust system do you have to rejet the bike?

Can the FMF Q-Series be heard from far away. I just got caught by the cops the other day because of the 426's loudness, I was in the middle of no where surrounded by hundreds of trees and some jerk still could here me and called the cops, I got a freaking sitation! People have told me its the loudest bike they have ever heard, now that I finaly got caught, I need to get serious about this exhaust. Would I be able to pack the exhaust I have now because its just empty? And when change the exhaust system do you have to rejet the bike?

I have a Q2 and it is pretty quite. Remember though, in the middle of trees that thing can still echo...

ENJOY it I do

Not everyone wants to hear a screaming bike.

Repack the silencer? I'm facing this problem with my 400 and I put the insert in it. It's my first 4 stroke after some time away from the sport and dang is it loud

Any FMF Q series exhaust will be much quieter than that D&D exhaust. She'll still bark a little, but nothing like that D&D. You may also want to look into Lexx brand exhaust from rocky mountain atv, I have no experience with them, but have heard good things.