HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Encinitas_CA

Wildlife topic/ To those who replied

35 posts in this topic

Guys,

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot...many of the replies we gave were exactly what environmentalist need to close-off more of our riding areas. Please do not joke around about killing wildlife. If anything, we need to demonstrate that we can co-exist...not that we relish killing animals.

I don't want to sound alarmist, but I'm begining to wonder who "really" prompted the wildlife and Quad abuse topics. Both questions seem to solicit information to the benefit of environmental groups like the Sierra Club, Southwest Center for Biological Diversity, etc.

hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol But i hear what your saying.

Lewichris, I hope that was a joke.

Didn't your dad ever teach you that if you kill an animal you eat it. My grand dad did and he was very serious about it. There is no reason to make remarks such as yours so please edit or delete your post.

The enviro-nazis would love to cut and paste something like that as an example of "those careless selfish littering killing dirtbikers".

Originally posted by yznvegas:

Lewichris, I hope that was a joke.

Didn't your dad ever teach you that if you kill an animal you eat it. My grand dad did and he was very serious about it. There is no reason to make remarks such as yours so please edit or delete your post.

The enviro-nazis would love to cut and paste something like that as an example of "those careless selfish littering killing dirtbikers".

yea i eat everything that i kill. Except for the rodents, the coyotes that kill our chickens, The skunks that eat our chicken eggs. i aint going to kill them and eat them. I will just kill them. Dont even lecture me about hunting ethics. i teach hunters safty here in idaho and so does my dad. If you want to preach come to idaho first and see what it is like. Lot different then vegas. I will not delete or edit a thing.

[ September 05, 2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: lewichris ]

posted by Lewischris: "hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol"

All I can say is I don't care what state you live in, if you teach hunting classes they should pull your license!!! :):D

Originally posted by yznvegas:

[qb]posted by Lewischris: "hey we hunt and we kill animals. with our bikes we are just using a different weapon. Nost the critters that are killed dont have a specific season. lol"

All I can say is I don't care what state you live in, if you teach hunting classes they should pull your license!!! :):D [/qb

GOOD LORD GET THIS GUY SOME PROZAC.

[ September 05, 2002, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: lewichris ]

you understood me all wrong dude. I ment that if i am riding down a trail and i hit a sparrow. Whell hell i am sorry for doing that but there is not a hunting season for a sparrow. If i hit a grouse out of season i did it using my bike. Didn't mean but my bike was the weapon. Was not on purpose. but i did stop and give it a proper burial. :) So you took what i said and went with your anger about being deprived in some way and turned it around. So take a preson 's opnion for what it is worth. it is an opinion. No need to blurt out things and get upset about it.

I didn't think he was intentionally hunting with his dirt bike. I see road kill all the time without seeing guilty drivers. Accidents.

mwc

We sometimes like to chase jack rabbits in the desert,and i can honestly say that we have never ran one over! or realy come that close! I've hit a couple of rattlesnakes, but if i could avoid them i will,why chance getting bit!Only ants and stinkbugs,

i think that's about it.

Maybe, let this one (topic) go,before it gets out of hand. Like nattering women......... :)

Just a thought.

[ September 05, 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Sweet on my_WR_ 426 ]

1 person likes this

Just a thought, but maybe vegas is a bit sensitive to the image of hunters that is created by a remark that might seem like a careless attitude toward taking game. Kinda like the subject of this whole debate. Sometimes it becomes more of an issue about how people interpret what was said rather than what their true intention was in saying it.

Personally, I don't mind the yip, yip, yip so much. But I sure hate to see someone become offended over what might just be a misunderstanding or miscommunication.

Peace. :)

IMO,

hhmmmm subjects that yzn is not sensitive about....................uh....can't really think of one at this point....sorry?

subjects that yzn has an opinion on....All of them!!

and thats ok to but, number of times yzn calls someone a moron, etc......most of the time.

Just my opinion, it gets old.

Whaddya think Yzn??

Race

Yzn,

I dont have that kind of time.....I want to ride next summer, but, maybe you should look back at your posts. Maybe my point with you will be a little clearer.

Race

I just read the wildlife post in question and didn't see anything that could be used against us. I think some people are over reacting.

On a lighter note: Coming back from the rifle range last Sunday, had to sight in the rifle for my deer hunting trip in a couple of weeks, I saw what appeared to be a father & son rounding up their dairy(?) cattle on - are you ready for this - dirtbikes. OMG call the SPCA & PETA. What were they thinking using those machines of death & destruction for a purpose like that.

Brian

August 27th, 1:53pm, you refer to Mr 4:20six as a moron, in regards to a post about 2 strokes titled "The Haters" that went astray into diesel truck topics. Antother time you called Mr. 4:20six a "mealy mouthed little b****". And then insulted him on another post when he explained his occupation.

Should I go on?

If you think about it, you really can't do that much damage to anything other than varmit like critters with your bike. I mean, if a rabbit hops out in front of me, i'll run it over before i'll crash off the trail. But really, who would chase deer with their bikes? and any hunter will tell you that you don't have much chance of catching one, deer are fast and travel through REALLY rough terrain with ease. The only way something like that could happen is if it jumped out in front of you on the trail at dusk, dusk is a time when deer move. Even then, who wants to hit a deer? they way 100 and something pounds depending on age/sex. that could seriously screw you and ur bike up.