Has anyone tried this?

What's not cool? The fact that there exists an unreliable product for which people pay too much money, or saying so?

Product not cool, I trust you Grayracer, I have been here for a while and read lots of your posts.

To expand on the issue a little, there is apparently, based in large part on reports posted here, only one stator being made for the '06+ YZ450 that has lighting coils, although it is marketed under several names. Under any name, it has received less than favorable reviews regarding reliability. If you buy one, shop based on who will stand behind it best, and not just the part, but the collateral damage as well. At least one member lost a CDI when one of these jewels went bad.

If there is anything factually incorrect about the above, someone with good info please step up and post it.

Nick at Proracing specifically stated that their stator is not Electrex/Moose/Electrosport. But their FWs are. But who knows. I have both a Moose and a Proracing. Time will tell if they fail but for now I plan to carry a spare ignition cover with a stator in it ready to swap out by the side of the road if need be. Pathetic, but reality. If I do have a failure, I will split the cases and put in the WR set up.