HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TonyRomero

anyone know HP?

5 posts in this topic

I found a good deal on a 99' TTR 225 ($1500). I am going to buy it so I can have non riding friends who are beginners ride it. Also I think it will be amusing because of course the TTR is weak compared to the big XR's and DRZ's and the entertainment value alone of watching a hapless beginner being swallowed by a tidal wave of roost on the lowly TTR makes it worth the purchase price. Anyone know off hand how much HP the TTR has?

Slim to none :):D:D I just know I had a riot roosting one on my track one day. I think the suspension and such really holds back what power it does make. A ttr250 would be the way to go. My wife has one and it is a great bike to ride.

That is exactly why I want the 225! The whole idea is to put the "victim" on inferior underpowered, under suspensioned equipment.

I have taught several people to ride on a ttr125 and it is a great bike. Carries adults over anything a beginner wants and won't be a boat anchor to sell. The ttr125's are a much more versatile bike imo.