HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrLee

O Ring

4 posts in this topic

I took the carb completly apart a few days ago(99 WR400). I just noticed a tiny O Ring on the work bench. Didn't see it when disassembling the carb. It is not one of the accelerator pump O Rings (this one is even smaller then the smaller of those two) or the Air Cut Valve O Ring. The only thing I can see in the service manual is it looks like the pilot screw has a spring, possible washer, and an O Ring. I only have the spring. Any ideas other then I should not have taken it apart in the first place?

I think I figured it out. Can someone verify that the pilot screw has a Spring, Washer, and O Ring? And the pilot jet has no washer or O Ring? I had the two mixed up after taking them off and placing them on labled sticky notes. Thanks in advance. 74 degrees today! What a time to be messing with the carb.