HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finthat

Clutch rebuild

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys gonna be doing my clutch soon. Has anyone heard of or used a clutch made by Sumo Brakes?? Are they any good?? I ride trails and mx tracks for fun and do not think I am too hard on clutches. Will this thing burn up on me or what? Is Sumo a good name I am not familiar with it.

Thanks

I find the OEM clutch works fine. For as often as you need to change a clutch why risk the unknown for a few bucks.

It was on sale for under $70 with heavy springs. Regular its supposed to be at $90 + or so.

I had to buy a clutch pack a few months back and I was in between jobs so I bought the cheapest one I could find (Tusk $40). I figured why not? at least it will get me riding.

Well, it did get me riding but the clutch fades so fast that I can't enjoy any riding other that wide open stuff with little to no clutch use. It's not worth the money IMO. However, if I was in the same situation again I would probably do the same thing because it did get me on the bike. Moral of the story: when it comes to clutches you probably get what you pay for.

Nate