DNA Wheels

I did a search about DNA wheelsets,I found good and bad results

Anybody use any of these lately?

If you take care of them and check the spokes often,I can't see why these would be bad wheels

But nobody around here have tried them

Thanks

I have them on my '08 and they came with wrong spacers and I have noticed that the spokes are always feel loose.

I have them on my 06 450..came with wrong spacers. had to have them cut. They even sent me new spacers which were wrong also. Overall They have held up over a year now. I got the SET for $495 complete..so I cant complain..

I have only heard bad things about DNA wheelsets

Motosport outlet has Krieg V2 Wheelsets for $849.00 for both front and rear

Ive got them on my 09' and I dont have any problems. Ive got they heavy duty spokes and everything is nice and tight

I didn't like them because the spacers are part of the wheel (at least they were 1 year ago).

The hub was also a different spec so that bearing replacement yourself is very difficult.

They suck.....go to: http://www.buchananspokes.net/

Order up yourself a nice wheelset:thumbsup:

DNA wheels are exact copies of Talon wheels. They use the same bearings and spacers (which was a pretty unique set up until DNA copied it). They seem to have the same downsides that Talon wheels have, but for the price the DNA wheels are pretty good.

So the spacers are part of the hub?

They are not separate?

You guys said you got the wrong spacers with some of the wheels,How did you cut them down?

So the spacers are part of the hub?

They are not separate?

You guys said you got the wrong spacers with some of the wheels,How did you cut them down?

The spacers aren't really part of the hub. The bearings are oversized, and the spacers slide inside the bearings to size it down to the axle size. The spacers fit tight in the bearings so it is hard to pull them out, but they do pop right out (sometimes you need to tap them out with a small hammer). It is nice that they don't fall off when you are trying to line the wheel up to put it on.

Yes, The wheels I had the spacer wasn't part of the hub, it was just a stupid set-up with off size bearings and a crush tube inside the hub.

Basically you must use the spacers that come on the wheel and you will have a hard time replacing the bearings without sending it back to DNA.

Yes, The wheels I had the spacer wasn't part of the hub, it was just a stupid set-up with off size bearings and a crush tube inside the hub.

Basically you must use the spacers that come on the wheel and you will have a hard time replacing the bearings without sending it back to DNA.

It is exactly the same set up as Talon. You can use Talon bearings and spacers if you want, or you can buy bearings much cheaper from an industrial bearing supplier. You don't need to send them back to change the bearings, they press out like any other wheel bearing.

Just remember the 09 axle size is larger than previous years so make sure you order the right ones if you get them.

The spacers aren't really part of the hub. The bearings are oversized, and the spacers slide inside the bearings to size it down to the axle size. The spacers fit tight in the bearings so it is hard to pull them out, but they do pop right out (sometimes you need to tap them out with a small hammer). It is nice that they don't fall off when you are trying to line the wheel up to put it on.
good info , DNA is a wheels set type deal , we do handle support products the spacers , bearings ect

Please check out our new MX site for your DNA and other MX bike needs

www.tboltmx.com

We have DNA MX and SM sets and wheels in lots of color combos $599 and up

We can also still offer a discount on the Black on Black wheel sets to TT members

see note in sale for TT discount

http://www.tboltmotocross.com/garage...al-p-1216.html

good info , DNA is a wheels set type deal , we do handle support products the spacers , bearings ect

Please check out our new MX site for your DNA and other MX bike needs

www.tboltmx.com

We have DNA MX and SM sets and wheels in lots of color combos $599 and up

We can also still offer a discount on the Black on Black wheel sets to TT members

see note in sale for TT discount

http://www.tboltmotocross.com/garage...al-p-1216.html

Why are you dragging up OLD post?