Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2in2out

WR or YZ radiator shrouds? Difference between the two?

7 posts in this topic

After an exhausting hill climb yesterday, I spilled my 2002 WR 426 and scraped and punctured the right radiator shroud :doh: . I was planning on replacing them anyways when I purchase an IMS or Clark high capacity tank.

Which shrouds will be best? Is there a significant difference between the WR and YZ shrouds?

After an exhausting hill climb yesterday, I spilled my 2002 WR 426 and scraped and punctured the right radiator shroud :doh: . I was planning on replacing them anyways when I purchase an IMS or Clark high capacity tank.

Which shrouds will be best? Is there a significant difference between the WR and YZ shrouds?

The IMS tank requires the YZ shrouds. WR's won't fit.

I have an IMS 3.3 gal YZ tank and it works well, but the Acerbis tank is a bit cleaner and carries the fuel a bit lower. Get eh YZ tank, not the WR tank, as it is much slimmer at the tank/seat junction, but you will aso need to get a YZ seat. This is about the fourth best mod you can do to an early WR, with the first being all the free mods, the second being suspension, the third being an autodecomp cam. The slimmer seat/tank lets you get further foreward on the tank when cornering.

The wr shrouds will work but only 3 of the 4 screws will line up on the Acerbis 3.3 gallon tank. The rear screw hole on the shroud is about an inch away from the threads on the tank. The seat fits percfectly since there are two threaded holes for the seat stud. They're labeled "wr" and "yz" on the tank . all you do is take the stud off your stock tank and screw it into the correct hole on the Acerbis. One thing I really don't like about the Acerbis is that it has 2 petcocks and the one on the right side is maybe an inch above the header. I plugged it so there is no fuel line to melt but I still think I'll wrap the header just to be safe.