HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biohazrd

98 WR 400 vapor lock?

2 posts in this topic

My beloved and plated WR stalled thee times a mile or so apart and after much kicking.....I hauled her home. stripped the carb,checked the float height, put the ohm meter to the TPS... all good . fired up first kick, idled just long enough for me to smile ,then died:banghead: much kicking later ..... repeat same:foul: next time through, found a clogged vent line replaced it and presto, started on first kick runs good:ride: this ever happen to anyone else?:doh:

Just did an enduro yesterday and my wr was doing the same thing, i have a stubby gas cap vent tube with a check valve on it, and i think that wsa the problem, i'd take the main line into the carb of and nothing would come out, undo the gas cap then fuel would pour out.