yzf 426 twin ignition map

Is it a myth or is it true that the wr426 ignition has a gray wire shorted down to earth to retard the ignition slightly and the yzf426 does not have the wire shorted to earth ? if this is true could i put a swtch on the bars and have 2 map setings with the gray wire for wet or dry ?

As far as I know that wire dosent even exist of the YZ cdi, but I could be wrong. The power differences have to do with cam timing, jetting, and exhaust/intake restriction too.

i dont think it is a whole different map, just a little bit higher rev before you hit the limiter. 500 rmp's or so.

i dont think it is a whole different map, just a little bit higher rev before you hit the limiter. 500 rmp's or so.

It is infact a different map.

It's a different map, but only on the WR. The YZ426 or 450 doesn't have it.

As far as I know that wire dosent even exist of the YZ cdi, but I could be wrong. The power differences have to do with cam timing, jetting, and exhaust/intake restriction too.

It does exist i have found it on my bike it is in a plug off the cdi that has 2 conections one is black/white and linked to another black/white and the other is a single gray on its own if i knew how to upload pictures on here i would send you a pic

cheers

chris

It's a different map, but only on the WR. The YZ426 or 450 doesn't have it.

so if i bought a wr426 cdi it would come with 2 maps instaled and i could use either map ?

so if i bought a wr426 cdi it would come with 2 maps instaled and i could use either map ?
Yes, but no one I know who has ever disconnected the gray wire from a WR has ever wanted to put it back for any reason.

Do you feel you have too much power, or power comes on too quickly? Is that the reason you're wondering about this?

That would be a cool mod to have for tight single track or slimy/wet conditions.