Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dominator426

FMF Power Core 4 Q SA?

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried this exhaust system? How's the quality and performance? Would it be good for a dual-pupose setup? Any better suggestions?

Thanks...

[ September 03, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: dominator426 ]

I have just put a FMF Q series silencer on my "00 WR400. I bought the bike used, and it had a DSP pipe on it. The DSP was VERY impressive, however it was sick loud. I like to ride in woods/dual sport, and the FMF is nice and quiet. It does not have near the hit as the DSP, but it has plenty, and the roll on power is very strong. I like the"Q" very much. I have never ridden a WR w/stock pipe, so can't compare the two.

I am also looking at this exhaust for my 2001 WR426 as well as a White Brothers Vortip insert and would appreciate any input.

Also, has anyone used the White Brothers Torx Exhaust Insert? They claim 1 hp gain.

I had an FMF Power Core IV on my XR400 and was very happy with the performance and quality.

Sounds logical. You can't get max power from a thumper without a little noise, but lots of noise doesn't necessarily mean more power.

Point is that not many of us really need max power. I will be switching to a Q very soon.

Dan