Lactating '03 WR450F

Just a little, out the drain tube. Need for concern? Couple of milky droplets on the ground after a ride. First thought was the gasket, but no smoke and doesn't overheat.

Just a little, out the drain tube. Need for concern? Couple of milky droplets on the ground after a ride. First thought was the gasket, but no smoke and doesn't overheat.

Don't sweat it. Condensation + oil mist = milky droplets. I imagine your humid climates make the condesation effect worse.

Also if you went through deep water, some water may have gotten in through the crankcase breather. Just check the oil and make sure its not milky colored.

Thanks Fullbore4 and SXP for your replies. I feel more optimistic now.

Well, the head gasket was blown and am currently on the last leg of removing the head.

I know there has to be more than 2 head bolts. Anyone know what other bolts I have to remove?

Already did checklist:

Chain tensioner

2 head bolts by kick start side

2 10mm nuts on side of chain cover

yam1.jpg

yam2.jpg

After contorting self, I figured it out that I have to remove the cams.

The search results here came up with no results on this procedure (guess this can become a reference thread on head removal)

yam3.jpg

Milky

yam4.jpg

yam5.jpg

yam6.jpg

yam7.jpg

I'd replace that cam chain too. How are the cam bearings ? They look a little beat in that shot.

I just rebuilt my 07. This tread may help a bit.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833176

Make sure you follow the manuals instructions for retorqing head and cam cap bolts.

Are you gonna need to split the case and check all bearings and races -- it's a well deserving 03wr. How many miles on the bike? seeing that there's no winter driving where you live.