Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ingvar

What exhaust do you use on your thumper?

16 posts in this topic

FMF power core 4 s/a , It is louder then hell and seems to give me a bit more top end. Peple riding behind you wont like it cause it just blares at them. But i love it. I think this pipe is more for the track. But hell the price was right.

I run a used YZ muffler on my WR and am very pleased with.As far as performance and noise issues go, I don't know how it compares to aftermarket exhaust but it's a hell of alot better than my Canadian stocker. I paid $80.00 including shipping and couldn't be more satisfied. :)

Shawn

I put a stock yz muffler on! Works great for the tracks.When i hit the desert i put the stock wr muffler back on Because of the spark arres.

I bought my 98 400f with a White Bros. E series already on it. Not sure how much power it added to the bike but it sure sounds kick a$$! He gave me the stock pipe also but I see no reason to put it back on.

I run a stock YZ 400 muffler (used, dirt cheap)

And a YAMAHA Stainless Steel header P/N-YZR-5GR93-10-SS

Both for under $200.

The header is bigger than the stock one and also allows for better access to the oil filter.

027_24A.JPG

[ September 07, 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: tk421 ]

A buddy of mine convinced me to get a Yoshimura system after I crushed the stock header. It was pretty pricy ($500 US), but I think it was worth it. The fit and finish are excellent, and absolutely no adjustments were needed to fit it to the bike. Needed to rejet a little richer, but the performance at mid throttle or above is outstanding!!! It stumbles a little below 1/4 throttle, but who rides that slow anyway!

It can be ordered with a spark arrestor and a tunble end cap that can limit the noise, but I dodn't get that option. Hope this helps...

I have a stock WR muffler with 16 X 3/16th holes drilled in a ring around the 22mm centre core.

Derestricting the engine lead to excellent results but still quiet - FREE MOD!

A WB e series came with the bike. Some people think it is loud and others don't. I just up shift or coast when I'm near pedestrians to keep the noise down just in case. I like the power compared to the stock one. If I have an extra $300 bones laying around I may get the FMF Q pipe.

Right now I have to fix a few other things after my getoff today. :)

I am using a DSP. Sounds great if you like loud which I do. It is a great top end unit. I am changing to a power-bomb headder with FMF pipe for more lowend.

REASONS I WANT A BIG GUN :

1) ceramic coating cuts down on heat

2) interchangable cores (Quiet and Race)

3) spark arrester

4) head pipe clears oil filter

5) may or may not make the most/ best power, but MUST be better than the stocker and is hopefully very quiet with the Quiet core

I could be wrong, but it seems to have more to suit my needs. I'll let you know (if and when I find one I can afford). The fact that you never see used ones for sale must indicate some satified customers..? :)