wr450 vs dr-z400e

Definately go with the WR! My buddy has a DRZ with a yoshi exhaust and all kinds of trick add ons and the thing sucks. It pushes in the corners, the brakes are shabby, there is not much throttle response, we can't get the back end to stop po-going, the seating is low, the suspension is marginal at best.. need I go on!

I own a 2001 wr426f with the street legal lightning kit from baja and I think this is almost the best bike you might find for trail riding: excellent brakes, suspension and so on plus much more power than the DRz although more expensive. The bike feels great on the road also (still considering it's an off road race bike). In addition, the new 450 is comming with the e button which might be, in some ****ty off road situations, the only advantage that a DRz has over my 426.

Go for the WR. I agree with previous comments: we should not be comparing those two bikes...The Drz is just no match for the WR.

As stated above, these are really two bikes designed for different types of riding. If it's anything but tight, rocky, gnarly singletrack, take the WR. It's faster but demands more of the rider. The tougher the trail, the better the DRZ is (unless you're superhuman, and trust me--you aren't).