HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirthogg

04' 450 Flywheel

5 posts in this topic

I've been doing some research about adding a flywheel weight to my 04'. I will purchase it from Dr. D because they said I can keep my stock one and it will only cost $90.

I'm trying to decide between the 6oz and 8oz flywheel. No woods riding, all mx. One track is tighter with some loamy corners but mostly hard packed. The other track I ride is almost all loamy and a lot faster speeds.

Do you think I'd be better suited for the 6oz or 8oz flywheel?

Or what weight have you installed or would prefer?

Thanks,

Better check again with DRD. Their flywheels have always been sold on an exchange basis, although they allow you to keep you original until you receive and install theirs, at which time you return your stocker to them.

Go with the 8oz. The isn't really worth the trouble. The flywheel WILL NOT slow the bike down in any noticeable way, and will do nothing but improve every aspect of it's performance in the dirt; traction, throttle control, lugging ability, everything. I had one on my '03, and I'm using the heavy GYT-R 'wheel on my '06. They should have been built with these.

I don't have to exchange mine because they already have too many stock flywheels and she said they don't want any more... plus for me!

I spoke with Mark at DR.D and he didn't think I'd want the 8oz but with your recommendation and my research, I'm thinking the 8oz is what I want.

If I'm going to make a change I'd rather have it be a bigger one so I can feel the difference and if I need to step down I can always send it back.

Better check again with DRD. Their flywheels have always been sold on an exchange basis, although they allow you to keep you original until you receive and install theirs, at which time you return your stocker to them.

Go with the 8oz. The isn't really worth the trouble. The flywheel WILL NOT slow the bike down in any noticeable way, and will do nothing but improve every aspect of it's performance in the dirt; traction, throttle control, lugging ability, everything. I had one on my '03, and I'm using the heavy GYT-R 'wheel on my '06. They should have been built with these.

I finally go the 8oz and rode last weekend. I really liked the change and it deffinetly didn't slow the bike down at all.

Thanks for the help Gray.