Bar Riser Help!

I am trying to raise the kids (YZ85) bars. the lower part of the bar clamp is the upper triple clamp. Just like the older WR's

7/8 bar and I want to keep the 7/8 bar. I want to raise and inch and forward an inch. or as close to that as i can get away with. Please don't tell me to get the kid a bigger bike. He is 10 and starting to ride more technical trails with me and a bigger bike will be too tall for him to start every time he crashes on a technical situation. His weight needs to be more forward and in a better standing position.:doh:

What have you tall guys done recently? I have searched but I having the most trouble finding where to purchase these things. Of course I am looking for a great deal but I will take what I can get:worthy:

I have checked the TT store, Rocky Mtn, and three dealers near me. The Parts unlimited and Tucker rocky Catalogs don't have it:banghead:

Thanks for your help. I did google and all I got were rox risers and the tusk shim stack.

It seems to me that I have seen them, but can't tell you where now. Lucky for me I have access to a full machine shop. I made a set out of 1" thick aluminum. I'll bet you could contact a local small machine shop to make them.

If they have a water jet it would be really easy. Anyone should be able to draw a couple of 7/8" circles offset by what ever height you want. Then you can get new longer bolts from the hardware store.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=70&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=12976

If that link does not work just go to rockymountainatv.com and look up Tusk handlebar risers. The only quirk is they list them for 1 1/8 handlebars. This is where I got mine last year for the WR 450 and I have 7/8.

I think it would be worth a telephone call to see if it is a website problem.

I put the whole stack on and like them. No problems and not too much money.

buff

There are these - http://www.pitposse.com/ourabiunbarr.html

And many others... check out applied or just google 7/8 bar risers.... offsets will be hard without a new top clamp. Might check e-bay or TT classifieds for a new top clamp. You can also get these to work from 7/8" to 1 1/8 bars giving you height and a indestructible pro taper bar... they make a mini woods hi bend and you can roll them forward pretty far.

You have a lot of options:ride: