'09 YZ450 Exhaust???

I've sold my '08yz450 and looking to get an '09 by this coming weekend and would like to add an aftermarket exhaust the the beast before I pick it up... My '08 was all stock and I've only dealt with FMF in the past...

I'm thinking along the lines of a Full Pro-Circuit system with a spark arrester... But am open to any other thoughts... Thanks for reading my post...

My buddies and I all have 08s (mine is all stock). They all have PCs and have gone throught them like french frys. They are Intermediate riders and have poked holes through each one (in can). They have the Ti's. They just ditched the PCs and ordered SS DRD'S (today). I'm prolly going with DRD Carbon as well.:doh: I had a FMF Ti Factory 4.1/Powerbomb header combo and it was good as well. I've never had anything besides FMF so I wanna try something new:thumbsup: :snore:

Maybe this is just me but I have a DR D Stainless and love it. The only problem is that I have put 2 holes in different riding pants in the RT side knee. For some reason durring riding my knee touches the header instantly melting a hole in the pants. Anyone else have this happen?

Dr.D is the way to go. I have said it before on other posts that I have had PC pipes and would never run them again.. They blow packing out like shit through a goose.

Are you using PC's packing or the "regular" cheap stuff? I'm pretty happy with my PC Ti-4 GP system on my '09 WR450F so far. (not many hours on it yet).

Fwiw, I like the PC header bend; it doesn't drop over the top oil filter bolt like the TwoBros M7 I had on my '07 WR250F.

I was using the premium 4-stroke packing package from fmf the 4 layer kind.
Yep, that's the same garbage I tried to use in my oldest DRD pipe. It was almost a year old when the original packing went away, and the FMF "Premium" lasted two rides each of the two times I tried it. The DRD packing has been in there more than 6 months, and was 30 times easier to use.

Yep, that's the same garbage I tried to use in my oldest DRD pipe. It was almost a year old when the original packing went away, and the FMF "Premium" lasted two rides each of the two times I tried it. The DRD packing has been in there more than 6 months, and was 30 times easier to use.

Sounds like the DRD product is performing for you. Bristol Core make a glass strand product called system 30. Might want to evaluate it if you get the chance.