HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
homer2000

top speed of a 07 wr450f

24 posts in this topic

hey friends

just wondering what the top speed of an 07 wr450f

Depends on the gear + any mods

I know that my bike with all the free mods and a 08 yz header, 4.1 and 14/50 gearing will do about 94 on the pavement...with that said, I could gear it taller and get close 100

My buddy is a local city cop and he radared my stock 07WR450F (properly broke in, stock gearing at the time) and it did 87mph at 2800 ft elevation with a 180 pound rider in a full tuck on pavement.

I saw 90 on my speedo, broke in low hours 07', stock gearing, free mods and enlarged GYTR insert.... pavement with a tail wind:busted:

I really have no desire to go faster without some balanced sumo rims and tires, and a front fender that does not catch so much air...

My stock speedo showed only a few MPH faster than SJMC Don's. Same basic mod's with a slightly better pipe and jetting. YamaLink has me wondering how true my spedo is. My old XR650R with stock gearing and more than "basic Mod's" wasn't that much faster. I loved my BRP but the WR made it easy to let her go!

Oh yea, I also have no desire to got any faster on a non-motard dirt bike, especially off road.

S/T

On my 04 with stock gearing, 14/50 I could only get to 86 on the dirt, I was hoping for at least 95, damn this thing is slow, or maybe that is just me.

what speed does the bike go first up without any mods and then with mods

I read on another forum that it can go 115 mph

true???

My 04 with 15/48 gearing all the free mods, JD jetting kit,DR. D muffler will do 111 MPH , which is just about as fast as you ever need to go!!!!!

My 04 with 15/48 gearing all the free mods, JD jetting kit,DR. D muffler will do 111 MPH , which is just about as fast as you ever need to go!!!!!

I highly doubt that...get a GPS and try it again...:doh:

Coop... that seems possible... with the 15/48. I don't know but I do know that I have no desire to take my bike to that speed:ride:

Coop... that seems possible... with the 15/48. I don't know but I do know that I have no desire to take my bike to that speed:ride:

Until I see GPS proof, I dont believe it...

My friend's WR 426 does 146mph with a blown head gasket and flat tires. Of course that's after throwing it out of a perfectly good airplane. :snore::lol:

But seriously, those are some crazy speeds people are hitting with dirt tires on a paved road, thank God they did not get the speed wobbles! :doh:

Until I see GPS proof, I dont believe it...

I have to agree, there just is not that much power. More realistically, 105. But then again, he was stating accouding to the stock speedo and these are typically off by about 10% so..... 10% of 115 is 11.5 so that iequals 104.5 :doh:

I have had mine to 87 (GPS) on a dirt road with a little left...(and I mean just a little) with stock gearing. So I believe low 90's is do-able.

Here in Oz we have a race called the Finke Desert Race where the top guys on 450s hit 180km/h in the fastest sections (on dirt - not bitumen), which is around that 111mp/h mark. I guess if a CRF450 or YZ450 can do that the WR wouldn't be too far behind? Most of the top guys seem to be on either Hondas or Katooms for some reason, but most don't heavily mod the motors because they tend to grenade at those sustained high speeds, though they would certainly be running different pipes. I can't say if the Yamahas could do it, but they'd have to be in the ball park.

111 seems very doable, on the pavement. My ktm will do that no problem. Better have a steering stab. I think so guys have had there drzs that fast.

111 seems very doable, on the pavement. My ktm will do that no problem. Better have a steering stab. I think so guys have had there drzs that fast.

does your ktm have 6 gears?

OF course it does, but the wr with really high gearing seems like it could go 111, mine was80 something in the dirt on the pavement i think it might go 90, 16 up front with a 44 out back maybe? if it will fit. Coop we ever gonna go dual sport riding? Monday there is that ride leaving from aa ktm http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4706 I will be there cya also going to pine valley friday morning

My 08 is gears 1 tooth higher up front and and stock in the rear...WFT down the pavement (gps on) i hit 93 she might have more but i doubt it or at least didnt want to find out

My dad's 06 is gears one tooth up on the front and down three on the rear...WFO I did 96

These 450's just dont have the torque to pull high top speeds...Im sure if the motor was mod'd pretty good it could get 100 but 110+ I just dont believe it (until its GPS verified)