my 450f burnt to the ground :(

Hi Fellas,

Our home and property was involved in the Feb Bushfires in Victoria, Australia. We lost all our house, property and things but at least everyone is still alive which is the most important thing.

Our home

IMG_0256.jpg

Just thought id post up some pics of my once pride and joy - 05 WR450f. Damn that was a good bike, did everything i wanted it to so well. Setup perfect for me.

Was like this

n1432604261_30086525_7214.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

And now looks like this

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

This is also my dads 04 WR250f.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Might be time for some new 09's i think. :excuseme: Although my mate had an 05 450f and sold it for a new 07 and still wishes he'd never sold the 05, wroked a treat he rekons.

Just thought id share.

Cheers

I can really feel for you. We had bad wildfires (are there good ones?) in 2003 and 2007. A lot of people lost everything they owned in both of them. I was lucky both times, our house made it through both. How is the rebuilding going? I know that many people here in San Diego are still fighting insurance companies and the county to get their homes rebuilt. I haven't ridden any of the older bikes, but everyone I've talked to that have been on both prefer the new aluminum frame bikes better, hopefully you will too.

Cheers for the kind thoughts and wishes fellas. Unfortunantly i dont think insurance will back bikes up cos they were registared and therefore need their own seperate insurance. Not to matter we'll tee something up, although no bike shops have been offering donations of bikes lol. There has been donations of just about everything else though.

Cheers

you live/lived near boolarra yeah? i rode past your house last weekend.. i feel for ya, here a few pics i took of that fire from our place (up on dickies hill, outa mirboo north)

when ya get your new bike, if your still living in the area send me a PM and we'll go riding.

fire4.jpg

fire1.jpg

fire2.jpg

fire3.jpg

this ones the bush near out house burning

31st-1st-094.jpg

Unfortunately i dont think insurance will back bikes up cos they were registered and therefore need their own seperate insurance.

That 450 looks unregistered to me :excuseme: I can't see a numberplate on it.

Worth a try?

Greg

Sorry for your loss, but still great that you and your family is OK.

A question from a noob who never experienced such a wildfire :

did it come so fast you didn't have enough time to get away safely and take also your most valuable things?

I think that you should try to recycle one usable piece of the old bike, and put it on the new one, for good luck. I don't know if there is anything that you could still use, but take a look.

:doh:

it would be a good reminder to cherish what you have.

But hey... you're alive and healthy, right? You can always get another bike.