CR125 Crankcase Oil

SuperTech 10w40 here. I can't see paying $10 a quart when you're going to change it out in a couple of rides anyway. I could see it in a 3 shoe clutch for cooling purposes but that's not a problem with these clutches.

....If you have 5 bucks, and Chuck Norris has 5 bucks, Chuck has more money :excuseme:

When Chuck Norris was denied an Egg McMuffin at McDonald's because it was 10:35, he roundhouse kicked the store so hard it became a Wendy's.

Chuck Norris CAN believe it's not butter.

When Chuck Norris talks, everybody listens. And dies.

Chuck Norris always knows the EXACT location of Carmen SanDiego

Chuck Norris doesnt shave; he kicks himself in the face. The only thing that can cut Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris.

In honor of Chuck Norris, all McDonald's in Texas have an even larger size than the super-size. When ordering, just ask to be Chucksized.

Chuck Norris won a staring contest with the sun.

Chuck Norris does not comb his hair, it falls perfectly into place out of sheer terror.

Chuck Norris does not read books, he stares at them until he gets the information he wants.

For many men the left testicle is larger than the right. For Chuck Norris each testicle is larger than the other.

Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

If you ever work in an office with Chuck Norris, NEVER ask him for his three-hole punch.

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

• Like 1

Ahh...a classic Chuck joke never gets old... :ride:

For the tranny oil... I use Honda HP4 10w40, but any 10w30 or 40 will work as long as it doesn't have friction modifiers. I have never tested it for myself, but it has been rumored that engine oil with friction modifiers adversely affects the clutch engagement. ?

To make a long story short, and to go along with what has already been said, the oil isn't in the tranny long enough (or shouldn't be) to break down. It just gets dirty from the clutch plates. Change it often and you can't go wrong. :excuseme:

i used to use honda hp trans fluid. then i switched to regular supertech type f ATF.

works fine. actually seems to work better. best part is the super tech is like $2 a quart, the honda stuff is like $8.

do you have a link to this oil?

i used to use honda hp trans fluid. then i switched to regular supertech type f ATF.

works fine. actually seems to work better. best part is the super tech is like $2 a quart, the honda stuff is like $8.

Yes, the Honda trans oil is expensive. I'm getting the HP4 10w40 for around $3.50/qt. I use it as engine oil in my 650R and Rubicon so I just started using it in the CR as well. :excuseme:

do you have a link to this oil?

the honda stuff or the super tech stuff?

jdubb75: yes it is expensive. i am a big fan of running what the MFG recommended. but seeing as how honda names their own trans fluid as the recommended fluid (which looks a lot like atf....) but then gives the option of running a regular motor oil, i figure honda has given us some leeway in running something other than what the spec. so i gave it a shot with the atf to see if i can get a little cheapy on it. the application sure seems right. we'll see how it works out.

And $3.50 a quart isnt bad, but i still go to walmart for my car oil changes. Motorcraft 5/30 semisynthetic for like $2.70/qt or so, and a motorcraft filter for cheap. cant beat it lol.

First of all it is not crank case oil it is tranny oil. It says by the kick starter I think. I would use the honda hp tranny in the red bottle.

Thanks for being a smartass.

Actually, its Transmission Gear oil according to the bottle of Honda fluid out in the garage.

Have a good day.