05 stock exhaust DB's

Hello,

I have searches and search but I cant find the DB level for the stock 05 yzf exhaust. Can anyone tell me? :excuseme:

Cheers.

Hello,

I have searches and search but I cant find the DB level for the stock 05 yzf exhaust. Can anyone tell me? :excuseme:

Cheers.

an accurate guess would be from 98-108 db. Depending on how its tested

98 and 108 is VERY different !!!!!!! 98 is ok but 108 is way to loud !!!!!

That's a lot like guessing that you weigh between 100 and 300 pounds. :excuseme:

That's a lot like guessing that you weigh between 100 and 300 pounds. :excuseme:

there is a lot of vaiables, such as if the pipe is freshly packed and how close it is tested. Every time I have been tested the person has done it differently than the time before.

there is a lot of vaiables, ...
Obviously, but there is also a standard process by which they are supposed to be tested, and when the question is asked regarding sound output of a muffler, the assumption is that the muffler will be in good condition.

Decibels are logarithmic units using Base-10 logs. Each successive dB then is ten times as powerful as the previous one. Thus, the sound at 108 dB has enormously more sound pressure than 98, not simply ten percent louder, as the numbers would suggest.

Decibels are logarithmic units using Base-10 logs. Each successive dB then is ten times as powerful as the previous one. Thus, the sound at 108 dB has enormously more sound pressure than 98, not simply ten percent louder, as the numbers would suggest.

I know this, does anyone have a more accurate figure for the exhaust db's please?