HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426 NOOB

05' Carb

3 posts in this topic

I am from the yzf forum but am working on a wr for my buddy. It had been sitting for 3 years with gas in carb. It ran but only wide open so my first thought was the pilot circuit. I pulled it and thoroughly cleaned all jets and passageways with large quantities of brake clean and 120 psi of air. It was spotless when I re installed it on the bike. I set the fuel screw two turns out and all jetting is totally stock. I also made extra sure that there are no air leaks. The bike actually idles now, but pops and studders. Wide open is still okay. I am only at 1200ft. elevation and just want it to run cleanly as the guy is not that good of a rider. What are the things commonly missed that would cause these problems? Any help would be appreciated. Tomorrow I will play with air fuel screw some more and take it on a test ride. Thanks

Replace the pilot jet, cleaning is a waste of time.

how so? is it because its not straight through because of the holes?