HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Tank

6 posts in this topic

I have searched the archives and am still in a quandary. I want a thinner tank/seat so I can get over the front end. Which is better IMS , Clarke, or other for the thin & low center of gravity of the YZ?? Also if your answer is IMS which is opaque?? The color scheme (on the WEB) is confusing to a dummy like me. Any input including pics would help. I own a 00' WR and don't need any more volume than the stock tank. THANKS!!

You wont be dissapointed with the 3.3 from Clarke. I think they call the color of a clear tank "natural".

I had a IMS on my bike at first, took it back because it didnt fit up right swapped for a Clarke (got some money back to boot because it is cheaper) The clarke is slimer & mounts stronger.

But hey, thats my opinion.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

I purchased a ty davis tank 2 wks ago.

It is blue, yz fittment, 3.2 gals, requires a hot start relocater, and nullifies the choke due to its low boy style.

4 Twists and she'll light off...

Low and clean. I am running a ims seat base with stroker +1" foam(I believe this is the tallest available, I am 6'8" so I need all the help I can get...)

The stroker cover is the only one that fits on this foam. In black it is quite normal, ie.

non-garish...

I have seen a few guys with other big tanks and I always thought that I wanted to get away from wide and tall.

I bought the Acerbis tank...the one endorsed by Yamaha (GYTR). It fits great, its slim, has a trick aluminum filler cap fitting that can be swapped out for a dry brake if needed.

It has two petcocks to get all the fuel too.

I had a Ty tank, I sent it back because of poor quality (stripped fittings), and lack of being able to reach carb controls.

NH Kevin, I went through Baja Designs And and paid $175.00 for my acerbis tank. You may be able to find if cheeper but I have dealt with Baja before and had very good luck. They deal alot with WR 400's. I also ordered a high rise seat and a TY Hot Start :)

Doug

[This message has been edited by aftershock (edited 02-17-2001).]