HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard56

Rear Suspension Spring

5 posts in this topic

Anyone has any idea what the stock rear suspension spring's rating?? How do I make my rear suspension harder so that the bike wouldn't "sink" too much after I sit on the bike... I currently is about 85kgs...

To set the sag you must be wearing all your gear. Then you need to sit on the motorcycle and have someone measure the distance from compressed with your weight and gear; and with you off the bike and the rear shock fully extended. Then adjust the spring with a spanner wrench. Check your manual for the correct specs as all bikes are different..................db :)

To adjust the spring pre-load:

Find the two slotted collars located on the shock

Take a long drift and hammer then loosen the collar furthest away from the spring.

Tighten the other collar until desired sag is acheived.

Depending on how much free sag to static sag you end up with. A spring change may be required.

Bill

have you posted this in the suspension forum?

Call Race Tech @ 909-279-6655 they will tell you the actual stock spring rate they tested on your model bike and with you weight and riding style can make some recommendations.