HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbalias

front rotor bolt size yz426

10 posts in this topic

whats the specs on the front rotor bolts?

m6?

thread pitch?

thanks

They are a M6x1.0 thread, but the stock rotor has countersunk holes for the bolts, so they require a tapered clamping face. You're probably not running the stock rotor, eh?

OEM PN = 90149-06327-00

You're probably not running the stock rotor, eh?

OEM PN = 90149-06327-00

nope..

526584374_kBNot-M.jpg

i wanna get some stainless hardware since you gotta loosen the rotor to remove the caliper. im gonna get it all from mcmaster or something.

thanks gray!

That looks like a EBC 320mm ?? I had them on my motard, enough to shove my nuts square into my gas tank. I learned quick the capabilities of that, even with a stock caliper / master.

And you can actually remove the wheel from the front without losening the caliper, good chance of scratching the rim / rotor, but you can :excuseme:

ya. its the EBC.

i was over braking my 310mm set up. so i went a lil bigger. ive also got a YFZ master to go on next. but im gonna do it in stages at the track to see where im most comfortable/fast. its a pain to remove the wheel without loosening the brake components. id rather just do that anyways. sometimes 5 minutes on one thing saves 15 on another.

Another option is to remove the inner brake pad when removing the wheel. Removing the rotor with the wheel installed seems more complicated than pulling a pad, plus there's a better chance of gumming up the bolts since you have not so good access to the rotor when it's installed.

then theres no room to ge tthe pad in. the rotor is a lot thicker than stock. i guess if the pads were almost done, but theyre not.

trust me,.....ive tried every rubiks cube configuration. hehe

i have to loosen the rotor, slide the caliper over it, then tighten the rotor, then tighten the caliper.

then theres no room to ge tthe pad in. the rotor is a lot thicker than stock. i guess if the pads were almost done, but theyre not.

trust me,.....ive tried every rubiks cube configuration. hehe

i have to loosen the rotor, slide the caliper over it, then tighten the rotor, then tighten the caliper.

That's odd, as it is the way that I put my wheel on. If the pad doesn't fit, how do you put the caliper over the rotor with the pads installed? How do you install new pads?

I drop the pad, remove the wheel, then when I install the wheel I slip the pad in when I'm all done. Done it a dozen times. As long as you don't touch the brake lever you will be fine. I can't see how the brakes would work if there is no room for the pad to begin with. I have an EBC rotor with EBC HH pads, not that it makes any difference.

I could not imagine how to put a 16.5" front wheel on a Yamaha , given that it is so difficult to install a simple 17" wheel.

That's odd, as it is the way that I put my wheel on. If the pad doesn't fit, how do you put the caliper over the rotor with the pads installed? How do you install new pads?

I drop the pad, remove the wheel, then when I install the wheel I slip the pad in when I'm all done. Done it a dozen times. As long as you don't touch the brake lever you will be fine. I can't see how the brakes would work if there is no room for the pad to begin with. I have an EBC rotor with EBC HH pads, not that it makes any difference.

I could not imagine how to put a 16.5" front wheel on a Yamaha , given that it is so difficult to install a simple 17" wheel.

+1 remove the inner pad, I have the same set up with no issues:thumbsup:

i loosen the rotor, then slide the whole caliper off, then remove the pads.

i dont think i can slip the inner pad outta the caliper with the caliper and rotor mounted up...ill have to double check.