Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLRam1

WR450 Tail pipe cap

8 posts in this topic

Is this the stock tail pipe end cap for a 04 WR450? Just bought the bike and sorting out what has been done if anything.

DSCN8551.jpg

Looks like the profile in the picture here:

2004_2_wr450f.jpg

It seems drilled to me, but I'm not 100% sure; I never had that exact bike.

Hmm yes it does look like that, I checked and it's not drilled all the way through.

What you have there is a Pro Moto Billet insert. It replaces the stock insert with the one shown in your photo. Is louder than stock but increases performance. With it in you should be 96 db or less. With out it you ears bleed:smirk: at about 100.2 db or more.

Jim

What you have there is a Pro Moto Billet insert. It replaces the stock insert with the one shown in your photo. Is louder than stock but increases performance. With it in you should be 96 db or less. With out it you ears bleed:smirk: at about 100.2 db or more.

Jim

Thanks Jim, that's what I was looking for.

Since my pipe is opened up, or is it, are there more guts inside I need to remove?? If this is opened up I can move on to the carb issue, grey wire and snorkel.

Nothing more to do to that pipe to improve performance...however, you can pick up a stock YZ pipe for 25 or 30 bucks if you look on flea-bay, and a pro-moto billet end cap/spark arrestor/quiet insert for a benjamin, (all up about 1/2 the cost of a slip on) and see quite a performance increase, along with a 3 or 4 pound weight reduction...

I have that Pro Moto Billet insert as well.

The guys are right. Nice compromise between a wide open pipe and the stuffed up Stock insert.

I also have a YZ pipe if anyone is interested. Too loud for my old ears.