09 yz450f rear wheel???

Hey guys, I justed picked up an 09 yz450f:banana: Here's my question--I have a rear wheel from an 04 yz450f that i use as an extra for a sand tire on my other bike(02 yz250f). Will this rim work on my 09?

The rim will, but the hub will not. The axle size changed for 09.

That sucks, guess I'll have to buy a new one. . . Thanks for the help!

Congrats on the new bike, it is really nice. I think the wheel will still fit with the 09 bearings and spacers. The 09 has 2 bearings on the sprocket side so you will just need one for your 04 wheel.

Congrats on the new bike, it is really nice. I think the wheel will still fit with the 09 bearings and spacers. The 09 has 2 bearings on the sprocket side so you will just need one for your 04 wheel.
No, my friend, the hub is NOT the same one with different bearings, it's different. You might be able to find 25mm bearings to fit the old 5ET hub, but then you's have weaker bearings and still have to make up a set of spacers and seals.

Heven't actually looked into this but thought one of the mags stated what I posted above. I am sure someone has tried already.

Heven't actually looked into this but thought one of the mags stated what I posted above. I am sure someone has tried already.

No, the axle size changed for 09, as did the rest of the hub. As Gray said, you may be able to find bearings that will fit the pockets in the old hub and the new axle, but you will have to have spacers custom made.

I would just get a new wheel.

So will spokes from an 09 WR fit the 09 YZ hub, so I can change to an 18" rim?