HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shovelhead1

First Ride

6 posts in this topic

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

I have an 01 as well and I wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. Even if I bought a newer 450 I wouldnt get rid of it. Just too much of a powerhouse and have too many good memories with it. Just remember to keep the fresh and she will go forever.

Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.
Oh, yeah. I was going to mention that. :banghead:

I had read posts talking about how strong they ran etc.... And I thought yea, bla bla bla whatever. But I must say they are correct. I am impressed to say the least.

Looks like this summer is going to be lots of fun.

Hell, I'll never be able to get the full potential of this bikes power. I can't imagine needing or having morem power.