First Ride

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

I have an 01 as well and I wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. Even if I bought a newer 450 I wouldnt get rid of it. Just too much of a powerhouse and have too many good memories with it. Just remember to keep the fresh and she will go forever.

Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.
Oh, yeah. I was going to mention that. :banghead:

I had read posts talking about how strong they ran etc.... And I thought yea, bla bla bla whatever. But I must say they are correct. I am impressed to say the least.

Looks like this summer is going to be lots of fun.

I have one too

do the 450s make more power if so, thats crazy

Hell, I'll never be able to get the full potential of this bikes power. I can't imagine needing or having morem power.