Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom nolan

carb issues

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I a newbe over from the YZ side of the forum. I'm working on a 2005 WR450 that seems to be running without a idle circut. It starts allright with the choke on but it seems to rev too high as it warms up(with the choke on). When I put the choke in than it won't stay idling without massaging the choke lever. This seems to go away after the bike warms up really good. I pulled all the jets out and cleaned them and I also took the plug out that prevents one from adjusting the idle fuel jet. I set that to 2 1/3 out from bottom. One thing I did notice is that the throttle slide seems to be opened quite a bit from what I'm used to seeing, like maybe it's getting fuel to maintain a idle from somewhere other that the idle circut. Any ideas???

No, it is a fixed jet, inside the float bowl. You are referring to the fuel screw, which fine tunes/adjusts.

One thing I did notice is that the throttle slide seems to be opened quite a bit

Could your throttle cable be tight or routed incorrectly causing the cable to pull the slide up?

Hi All,

I a newbe over from the YZ side of the forum. I'm working on a 2005 WR450 that seems to be running without a idle circut. It starts allright with the choke on but it seems to rev too high as it warms up(with the choke on). NORMAL When I put the choke in than it won't stay idling without massaging the choke lever HAVE YOU ADJUSTED THE IDLE SCREW? This seems to go away after the bike warms up really good.IF THERE IS A TIME ISSUE, IT HAS TO DO WITH THE CHOKE CIRCUIT OR THE HOT START CIRUCUIT, MOST LIKELY I pulled all the jets out and cleaned them and I also took the plug out that prevents one from adjusting the idle fuel jet. I set that to 2 1/3 out from bottom. One thing I did notice is that the throttle slide seems to be opened quite a bit from what I'm used to seeing, like maybe it's getting fuel to maintain a idle from somewhere other that the idle circut. Any ideas???

A LOOSE HOT START PLUNGER TOP COULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS, OR A CORRODED HOT START PLUNGER.