HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

excel rims suck

9 posts in this topic

i am havre a really bad run with excel rims ! i have n't had so many flat tryes and flat spots in my rims ....... I keep the spokes adjusted and run 16 psi but still a flat tyre can bugger a good after noons riding

I'm having absolutely no success keeping my rear spokes tight.

I'm half tempted to use some Honda lock 1...

I'm starting not to trust the fact that my rim is staight but I'm hesitant to spend $70 buck to get it trued. I guess I'll keep tweaking each one by hand until something falls apart :)

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

Me too.

Just installed a new rear tire last night and noticed one spoke almost falling out, it was so loose. And I check them suckers after every ride!

I think the key is NOT to keep adding tension but maintaning it. All I do is try and keep them the same. Not too tight or reefed, but snug and even. Kind of vague info but it's all I got.

Speaking of Husky rims; It seems like when you call a supplier and ask for Husqvarna parts, they damn near slam the phone down on you. Like they could lose their resale license or something for selling Husky parts.