HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keegan1014

how do you adjust forks on a yz426f

14 posts in this topic

The clickers didn't make much difference when the 426's where new. A revalve with the correct springs will make it feel like a different bike. :banghead:

Doesn't adjusting (lowering)fork oil levels help to soften it up at the top of the stroke ? Not sure, would have to read my manual.

Doesn't adjusting (lowering)fork oil levels help to soften it up at the top of the stroke ?
Yes it does. Oil level is specified in a range of 80 ~ 150mm. Running the oil lower risks foaming, but also reduces the rate of the "air spring" by leaving more air space.

I was thinking this was true read somewhere here add something like

5 oz per xyz added weight,

so I have to drain the forks and add a specific amount because in 185lbs

not 250 like the PO

does this sound right?

I was thinking this was true read somewhere here add something like

5 oz per xyz added weight,

so I have to drain the forks and add a specific amount because in 185lbs

not 250 like the PO

does this sound right?

No. To start with, if the PO changed springs for his weight your efforts to fix this without going back to the stock spring rates are a waste of time.

Second, you need to measure the current oil level to see where it is before making an adjustment.

Also, it occurs to me to ask if you know that the compression adjuster is on the bottom of that fork or not?

Grey, I didnt know that was there good call.

I did look there but it just looks like a bolt to me

if there is an adjuster the dirt might be covering it

Ill give it a peek a boo

AWSOME

Underneath the rubber plugs on the bottom of the forks (if they are still on there) you will see a small straight-slot screw...that is your compression clicker (adjustor). The adjustment range is 0-20. Click them all the way in and then a good starting point would be to back them out ten clicks. Ride & adjust from there.

1 person likes this

#31 is the base valve, which is where the adjuster is. #20 is a rubber plug that conceals/protects the adjuster. The clicker is a screw, just like the rebound adjuster on top.