DRZ restrictor removal

I suppose you are refering to the BSR36 carburetor, replace it with a Keihin FCR ?

What other restrictive devices do you have on the UK bikes?

Its only if you are under 21 and have taken your bike test, you are restricted to 25Kw (33bhp) and 0.16hp/kg for 2 years.

Generally on a carbed bike, the restrictor is above the diaphram (sp) to stop the slider going all the way up, or an inlet manifold with a smaller ID to restrict the flow of fuel/air to the engine. Or it could just be a simple throttle stop.

I couldn't tell you exactly, i am supposed to be restricted but i'm not but ssshhhh. Running 36.7rwhp on an 07 SM, totally stock apart from the full Akra exhaust :-)

If it's the same one that's used over here, it's the plastic carb top cover. It looks almost like the normal cover, but it restricts the slide movement. So you need to go to your local suzuki dealer and order a non-restricted one, unless the previous owner gave the stock one to you as well. The dealer will know what you need, just ask them. The restricted one cost me only about 30euros ( 25pounds?). ?

Might also be a large washer in the inlet rubber between the carb and cylinder head.I bought a GS500 twin some years ago to commute on,pretty gutless but turns out it was restricted to 33HP with these 2 washers!Cheers

after.jpg

before.jpg

Did you buy the bike new, why did you have the restrictor fitted?

I think they are restricted with the washes in the intake as in the previous post pictures, but they only fit them if requested don’t they????

Where about in the UK are you, I’m down in the southwest trying to get a meet together in the summer.

Where about in the UK are you, I’m down in the southwest trying to get a meet together in the summer.

may be you should start a thread for that one, I would be interested in a meet.:banghead:

I am in the swindon area

I ride an SM on the street and a street legal S for the masses of local byeways.:banghead:

Although I am out of action at the moment as a sneaky little 50 foot high tree jumped out at me and smashed in two of my ribs.:banghead:

God bless DHL, full pay sitting on my arse at home, instead of sat on it in a truck, happy day’s.:banghead:

rside.jpg

drzzzz.jpg

Did you buy the bike new, why did you have the restrictor fitted?

I think they are restricted with the washes in the intake as in the previous post pictures, but they only fit them if requested don’t they????

4th post. The previous owner was probably under 21? Because of my age I had to restrict my bike and get it pass inspection two years ago. Went to the dealer and they ordered me this carb cover, it's a oem suzuki part. I can take a pic of the restricted one tomorrow so you can see how it looks like.

Edit: Here's a pic of the restrictor I had, you can see the big thing in the middle, in the stock one it's less than half the size of that one:

restriction.jpg

• 4 months later...