Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jake92

2006 YZ450 is excellent

15 posts in this topic

I recently dumped my 2005 and got this 06. Had Weisner Suspension take care of the handling and put on a two brothers M7 slip on. Its a little loud but I have to say this is by far the best handling and rideable bike I have owned in 15 years!! Just a general rambling.

I moved from a 250f to an 06 yz450 this year. I love it so far! It's probably not the best cornering bike I've ever owned but it seems to do everything well.

My 06yz450 is a great bike but it does not like corners as much as I would like it to.

I love my 06 YZ 450!!! thought about getting a new Kawasaki for one minute, but decided to stay at home with the YZ.......Did you have to do any jetting for your slip on 2 Brothers pipe??

I just picked up an Le yellow 06 yz 450f Bike goes pretty well, but not as good as my 06 kx 450f. I love the clutch on the yzf though, but balls to the wall id stick with the kx more grunt.

if you have the stock front tire on the 06 yz450 still, throw it away immediately, it sucks. A rubber band is better than the stock front. It wont fix the cornering problem but it will make it better.

Stop turning and go straight, in fact, blast some whoops at about 60 and watch the competition swap out trying to catch you:cool:

if you have the stock front tire on the 06 yz450 still, throw it away immediately, it sucks.
Can't be. If it sucked it would stick better.

I tried to use mine to mount tires on, but it kept sliding around on the floor.

Can't be. If it sucked it would stick better.

I tried to use mine to mount tires on, but it kept sliding around on the floor.

:p:lol:

the 06 yz is a beast i have one i LOVE it but deffintly something wrong with turning on it idk what the deal is its not so much corner friendly i guess? lol anyone have an explination 4 this?

Im stuck between the 06 yz450f and the 07 kawi 450f for off-road riding. i go back in forth in my head every day.