Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davcon

Will this Flywheel Puller Work?

9 posts in this topic

This puller has been kicking around for years. My dad used it for 2-Strokes. Ordered a GYTR 9 oz (backordered). Will it fit my 450?

It measures 27mm thread diameter and 1.0mm thread pitch. Thanks

2009_0418_065150AA.jpg

2009_0418_065222AA.jpg

First: Clean up the treads on your puller and the threads on the flywheel. Then, try to thread it in with your hand and let us know. Who knows what tool that is, but if it threads in and doesn't damage anything, try it. If it won't thread in, it probably won't work.

Either way, it's $10 for a new one. :p

First: Clean up the treads on your puller and the threads on the flywheel. Then, try to thread it in with your hand and let us know. Who knows what tool that is, but if it threads in and doesn't damage anything, try it. If it won't thread in, it probably won't work.

Either way, it's $10 for a new one. :p

Thanks for the reply. Poor choice of title on my part:banghead:. I meant will it fit? "It measures 27mm thread diameter and 1.0mm thread pitch". I thought Gray :lol: would be all over this.

You need one for a CRF 450. I bought mine from the TT store some time ago, and if you promise to not destroy it and pay shipping both ways I'd let you borrow it. When pulling the flywheel, the important thing to remember is to not thread the puller all the way on- leave a gap between the flywheel and the puller. It sounds stupid to mention this, but I'm not the only one that threaded the puller all the way on and couldn't figure out why my flywheel was so hard to pull :p

If you're not sure it will fit don't chance it. As mentioned earlier these pullers are like $10. Just buy one.

No. Wrong gender. The '06+ needs an internally threaded puller, same one as the CRF450.

Thanks all for the replies and cowboy for the generous offer. Now that I know it wont fit I'll buy the puller. Just hope the FWW comes in soon!