HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oscarthemouse

To much oil?? Or something else

1 post in this topic

Well first of all I just changed colors, i was an avid honda rider for years, then i recently bought an 06 450. Love the bike, when i first got it, checked the oil as the manual says. It seemed low so i added some more till it got to the top of the XX, rode it once on a 3-5 hour ride. Been in the back of my pickup since, i noticed a little oil out of the valve cover tube, no big deal. Checked it again, fine. I rode it today for prolly 30-40 minutes, when i got back to the truck, there was oil on my wheel on the left side. Coming from the tube im assuming. I have searched this, but is this to much oil? Could something else be wrong with it? Im just new to the Yamaha 's so i was curious. Anything i could check? Thanks for any information.