HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qbal18

need help on my 2000 426

2 posts in this topic

1 week ago i got a 2000 426 from a frind i did work for he got it new rode it for 3 years and its been sittign ever since with gas in it :p its ! hell of a bitch to start, like 3 hrs to make it run a bit and when it dose it has major popping when you let of the throtle .. im doign a major over hawl on it iv riped everything off to clean it all. only main mod to it other then aperance and prtection/ shocks is a pro circuit pipe. im gettign the jd jet kit and extendid fuel screw, and a MAJOR carb cleaning. first what jets should i use i run from sea leveal were i live (vancouver bc) to 4000 ft or so and mostly run in the 15-25c weather also im looking at the 2003 auto decom mod but the yamaha dealer sels the part for $280 and i cant find it on the TT site any help with that? other then that stufand the standard spark plug oil changes what should i do? also im checkingthe valves this weekend i have not got a shop manual yet but have found oin this site for the 2000 i need .10 -.15mm fir intake and .25-.30mm for exhaust is that corect?

i just priced out the oem 450 auto decom cam shaft and the 426 hotcams one and it is liek a $10 dif so soudl i just go with the hotcams one since it is easyer to instal?

ther then the cam i have already pic a few other things form the TT store, extended fuel mix screw, k&n air filter and jd jet kit. is there any thing ealse i sould get while im at it?